According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, over 4.5 million individuals in the United States experience dog bite injuries annually. Over 800,000 victims (one in five) require medical treatment for their physical injuries following a dog attack.
While dogs are often called “man’s best friend,” not every dog possesses a gentle disposition. Being well-informed about your legal rights is crucial when a dog causes severe injuries to you or a loved one.
At Ramos Law Firm, our dog bite attorneys in Broomfield, CO, provide assistance backed by years of experience handling personal injury cases arising from vicious dog incidents. We are proud to have Dr. Joseph Ramos, an attorney with expertise in emergency medicine, as the leader of our team. Just as doctors care for their patients, our law firm cares for our clients.
Talk to an experienced dog bite attorney in Broomfield, CO, to initiate a discussion with Ramos Law about your dog bite case today.
Potential Consequences of Dog Bites
The risks associated with dog bites extend beyond the physical realm, especially for those with compromised immune systems. Diseases carried by dogs can pose severe risks to humans. Additionally, various physical injuries can result from dog bites, including:
- Fractured bones
- Infections like rabies
- Skin injuries such as cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Nerve damage
- Muscle tears
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of limbs
Additionally, recovering from the emotional trauma of a dog bite can be a long and challenging process. Emotional issues that may arise include:
- Nightmares, particularly among children
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Decreased self-confidence due to scarring and disfigurement
What To Do After a Dog Bite Incident
In the event of a dog bite, take these actions to safeguard your health and legal rights:
- Leave the scene promptly. Avoid potentially dangerous situations by refraining from engaging with the dog’s owner.
- Seek medical attention. Even seemingly minor injuries can have profound implications due to adrenaline masking the pain. Seeking immediate medical evaluation is essential.
- Notify local authorities. Whether it’s the local police, sheriff’s department, or animal control, inform them about the incident. Provide information about witnesses and the dog’s details.
- Request an official report. Once authorities compile the report, obtain a copy for your records. Also, gather contact information from assisting authorities.
Contact an experienced dog bite attorney. Ramos Law’s team of dog bite attorneys in Broomfield, CO, will protect your rights and fight to secure rightful compensation.
Preventing Dog Bite Incidents
While complete prevention of dog bites may not be possible, specific measures can significantly reduce the likelihood of such incidents. Dogs may bite due to various reasons – including self-defense, injury, or illness – and understanding these factors can help mitigate risks:
- Avoid approaching unfamiliar dogs without the owner’s permission. Even seemingly friendly dogs can bite when they feel threatened. Always seek permission first, as owners know their dogs’ behaviors.
- Steer clear of risky situations. Recognizing when to interact with dogs and when not to is essential. For instance, avoid approaching or petting a dog when it is without its owner, growling, barking, appearing anxious, or hiding.
Educate your children about interacting with dogs. Teach them the difference between safe and aggressive play. Additionally, it emphasizes the importance of gentle behavior towards family dogs and other dogs they encounter.
How Our Dog Bite Lawyers Can Assist
At Ramos Law, our dog bite attorneys in Broomfield are prepared to advocate for your rights through civil litigation. Each state has its own laws regarding dog bites, underscoring the need to contact our firm promptly. We possess the expertise to establish a dog owner’s liability and pursue compensation for your damages.
Our team, led by Dr. Joseph Ramos, comprehends your pain and is dedicated to safeguarding your legal rights while seeking rightful compensation. We prioritize our clients’ well-being and will tirelessly pursue accountability from the responsible party to secure financial recovery for physical and emotional injuries.
Reach Out to Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Broomfield, CO
Don’t delay contacting our trusted dog bite attorneys– the statute of limitations for filing a dog bite lawsuit varies, making immediate action imperative. When you choose Ramos Law, you’re enlisting a team of committed attorneys who have your best interests at heart. Contact Ramos Law’s dog bite attorneys in Broomfield, CO, today for a confidential and free consultation.
Join us for a profound and insightful episode of the Ramos Law Difference Makers Podcast as Dr. Ron Schwenkler makes a return to the show,
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) faces criticism as pilots express concerns about disclosing mental health treatment. They claim that the stringent policies set forth by the FAA punish them for seeking help.