Broomfield, CO Truck Accident Lawyers
Colorado has some of the busiest highways in the United States for freight and trucking. When accidents involve big rigs, the severity of the injuries sustained to those in the passenger vehicles increases substantially. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries or losses as a result of the negligence of a truck driver, you may be eligible for compensation for medical bills, pain, suffering, damage to your vehicle, and lost wages. The truck accident attorneys at Ramos Law can help fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our team of truck accident lawyers in Broomfield has extensive experience dealing with complex personal injury claims. We can examine your case and determine if you are eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit. Call us today at (303) 466-3200 for a complimentary consultation.
How Our Broomfield Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help
The process of dealing with a serious personal injury claim can be challenging to navigate on your own, especially if you don’t have legal experience and specialized knowledge of the trucking industry. That is why it is in your best interest to have a seasoned truck accident lawyer by your side in a personal injury claim.
Trucking companies and truck drivers are governed by specific state and federal laws that they must obey. When these laws are broken, the number of people and entities that become part of a potential lawsuit increases. Trucking companies and truck drivers may each have their own insurance, and the insurance companies representing them will likely attempt to settle the personal injury case for as little as possible. The truck accident lawyers at Ramos Law will not let you settle for less than you deserve. We can go up against the trucking company, the truck driver, and the insurance companies on your behalf and fight for fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Our team of seasoned professionals understands the intricacies of:
- Broomfield municipal and county regulations
- State and federal laws
- Accident investigation
- The policies of the large trucking companies and insurers
- Checking on the certifications and records of the truck driver
One of the things that set Joseph Ramos apart from other Broomfield truck accident lawyers is the fact that he also holds a medical degree. Prior to becoming a lawyer, he was an emergency room medical doctor and saw firsthand the effects of serious truck accidents. With the knowledge and experience of being both a lawyer and a doctor, he and our personal injury attorneys understand the difficulties that victims of truck crashes face, as well as the laws that the insurance companies are bound to.
Common Reasons Why Broomfield Truck Accidents Occur
Like any other motor vehicle accident, there are several different reasons why an accident with a semi-truck may occur. It could be due to the truck driver’s negligence or carelessness, or perhaps due to the semi-trucks themselves.
Factors most commonly associated with large-truck accidents include:
- Poor road conditions
- Truckers speeding
- Truckers driving recklessly
- Truckers driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Truck drivers disobeying traffic laws
- A lack of familiarity with the road conditions or surroundings
- A highly pressurized work environment
- Truck driver fatigue
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Overloaded trucks
- Poorly loaded trucks
If truck drivers have not properly cared for their vehicle or have pushed themselves beyond their driving limits, the truck accidents they cause and the injuries sustained by a victim deserve justice and fair compensation.
Types of Truck Accidents
The size and shape of a semi-truck allow for certain types of truck accidents to occur that would likely not be possible with other types of smaller motor vehicles. While head-on collisions and fender benders are all possible with any type of vehicle, semi-trucks are also prone to creating the following types of accidents with extremely serious consequences for those involved:
- Tire blowout
- Wide turn
- Unsecured cargo
- Underride (when another vehicle is lodged underneath the truck)
- Blind spot
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Broomfield, CO
- Call 911 or contact local law enforcement immediately to have them report to the accident scene. A police report is an invaluable piece of evidence since it documents the accident’s details and circumstances. It will help establish negligence and strengthen your case.
- If you are not in immediate danger and are able to (without causing further injury to yourself), try to get the contact details of any witnesses and parties involved in the accident. If possible, take pictures at the location of the damage to both vehicles, as well as pictures detailing the scene. Write down everything that happened as soon as you can, before you forget important details.
- Adrenaline and shock can mask internal injuries, so even if you do not feel injured, seek medical attention at the nearest hospital and allow a physician to examine you as soon as possible. This helps connect your injuries to the accident and will strengthen your case. Take pictures of your injuries.
- Next, call our Broomfield truck accident lawyers at (303) 466-3200 for a free consultation. Dr. Joseph Ramos is an attorney and also a board-certified Emergency Department medical doctor. He and the Ramos Law team understand your injuries and what you are going through, and we have the skills and experience to guide you through the complex legal and medical processes.
Contact Our Broomfield Truck Accident Lawyers
Trucking accidents can result in life-changing injuries and losses for the drivers of other vehicles. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a truck driver’s negligence or recklessness, don’t settle your trucking accident injuries claim for less than it is worth. Our knowledgeable truck accident attorneys put the hard work in for you so you can focus on recovering from your truck wreck. We can help you protect your rights as a victim and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call Ramos Law now at (303) 466-3200 or contact our lawyers for a complimentary, no-obligation consultation.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer is a tough decision to make. There are many benefits to hiring an attorney as quickly as possible, but some people decide to wait to avoid additional hassles. It may seem like an extra step, but the benefits of having someone as your legal advocate can add up quickly. A lawyer makes it easier to get certain steps done and receive proper medical attention.