Wheat Ridge, CO Truck Accident Lawyers
Colorado has some of the busiest highways in the United States for freight and trucking. When accidents involving truck drivers and their big rigs happen, the severity of the injuries sustained to those in the passenger vehicles increases substantially. In many cases, truck accidents happen because of negligence, and there may be many possible factors involved. Trying to deal with the insurance companies can be a difficult, uphill battle for the victims, especially when they have to worry about healing from their injuries. At Ramos Law, we put the hard work in for you so you can focus on recovering from your truck wreck.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries or losses as a result of the negligence of a truck driver, contact our truck accident lawyers right away. You may be eligible for compensation for medical bills, pain, suffering, damage to your vehicle, and lost wages. We can examine your case and determine if you are eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit. Our team of truck accident attorneys in Wheat Ridge, Colorado has extensive experience dealing with these complex cases and can help fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact our personal injury attorneys in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, today at (720) 580-8333 for a complimentary consultation.
How Our Wheat Ridge Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help
Pinpointing the cause of the truck crash after the fact can be difficult, especially if you don’t know where to start. You might think that your insurance company will take on the task, but the chances are that it won’t. Thus, getting a settlement for injuries and damages can be very complicated.
The process of dealing with a serious personal injury claim can be challenging to navigate if you don’t have legal experience and specialized knowledge of the trucking industry. Trucking companies and truck drivers are governed by specific state and federal laws that they must obey. When these laws are broken, the number of people and entities that become part of a potential lawsuit increases. Trucking companies and truck drivers may each have their own insurance, and the insurance companies representing them will likely attempt to settle the personal injury case for as little as possible.
The experienced Wheat Ridge, CO truck accident lawyers at Ramos Law will not let you settle for less than you deserve. We can go up against the trucking company, the truck driver, and the insurance companies on your behalf and fight for fair compensation for your injuries and losses. You may be eligible for compensation for medical bills, pain, suffering, damage to your vehicle, and lost wages.
Our team of seasoned professionals understands the intricacies of:
- Wheat Ridge municipal and county regulations
- State and federal laws
- Accident investigation
- The policies of the large trucking companies and insurers
- Checking on the certifications and records of the truck driver
Dr. Joseph Ramos is an attorney and also a board-certified Emergency Department medical doctor. Prior to becoming a lawyer when he was an emergency room medical doctor, he saw firsthand the effects of serious truck accidents. He and our truck accident attorneys understand your injuries and the difficulties you face as the victim of a truck crash.
Common Reasons Why Wheat Ridge, CO Truck Accidents Occur
Just like other accidents involving any type of motor vehicle, truck accidents occur for many different reasons. It could be due to the truck driver’s negligence or carelessness, or perhaps due to the semi-trucks themselves.
Factors most commonly associated with large-truck accidents include:
- Poor road conditions
- Truckers speeding
- Truckers driving recklessly
- Truckers driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Truck drivers disobeying traffic laws
- A lack of familiarity with the road conditions or surroundings
- A highly pressurized work environment
- Truck driver fatigue
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Overloaded trucks
- Poorly loaded trucks
If truck drivers have not properly cared for their vehicle or have pushed themselves beyond their driving limits, the truck accidents they cause and the injuries sustained by a victim deserve justice and fair compensation.
Types of Truck Accidents
The size and shape of a semi-truck allow for certain types of truck accidents to occur that would likely not be possible with other types of smaller motor vehicles. While head-on collisions and fender benders are all possible with any type of vehicle, semi-trucks are also prone to creating the following types of accidents with extremely serious consequences for those involved:
- Tire blowout
- Wide turn
- Unsecured cargo
- Underride (when another vehicle is lodged underneath the truck)
- Blind spot
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Wheat Ridge
- Call 911 or contact local law enforcement immediately to have them report to the accident scene. A police report is an invaluable piece of evidence since it documents the accident’s details and circumstances. It will help establish negligence and strengthen your case.
- If you are not in immediate danger and are able to (without causing further injury to yourself), try to get the contact details of any witnesses and parties involved in the accident. If possible, take pictures at the location of the damage to both vehicles, as well as pictures detailing the scene. Write down everything that happened as soon as you can, before you forget important details.
- Adrenaline and shock can mask internal injuries, so even if you do not feel injured, seek medical attention at the nearest hospital and allow a physician to examine you as soon as possible. This helps connect your injuries to the accident and will strengthen your case. Take pictures of your injuries.
- Next, call our Wheat Ridge truck accident attorneys at (720) 580-8333 for a free consultation. The Ramos Law team has the skills and experience to guide you through the complex legal and medical processes.
Contact Our Wheat Ridge, CO Truck Accident Lawyers
Trucking accidents can result in life-changing injuries and losses for the drivers of other vehicles. Don’t let the insurance company for the trucking company allow you to settle your trucking accident injuries claim for less than it is worth. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a truck driver’s negligence or recklessness, Ramos Law can help you protect your rights as a victim and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call Ramos Law now at (720) 580-8333 or contact our lawyers for a complimentary, no-obligation consultation.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer is a tough decision to make. There are many benefits to hiring an attorney as quickly as possible, but some people decide to wait to avoid additional hassles. It may seem like an extra step, but the benefits of having someone as your legal advocate can add up quickly. A lawyer makes it easier to get certain steps done and receive proper medical attention.