Slip and Fall Injury Lawyers Here to Help
Although many believe slip-and-fall accidents only occur in winter with ice and snow, they can happen anywhere and cause severe injuries. Wherever you are, the property owner may be liable for your damages when you fall and become injured. Having experienced slip and fall lawyers in Broomfield, CO, on your side is essential.
At Ramos Law, we’re experienced in handling every personal injury case. We’ll provide the emotional and legal support required to fight for the financial compensation you deserve. We aim to ease the stress and anxiety caused by your situation.
Contact us today for a complimentary, no-obligation consultation.
Statute of Limitations
The exact timeframe to file a slip and fall claim varies from state to state. In Colorado, victims have two years from the day of the accident to file a lawsuit against the property owner or other defendant responsible for their injury. It’s best to contact our slip and fall lawyers in Broomfield, CO, immediately to ensure you don’t miss the statute of limitations.
Fighting for Compensation
Slip and fall accidents are serious matters. An incident’s physical, emotional, and financial damages can easily reach millions of dollars. When you choose Ramos Law’s slip and fall lawyers in Broomfield, CO, we’ll help you fight for the following compensation as it relates to your case:
- Lost wages or limited earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses, medications, treatments, etc.
- Ongoing anticipated medical and personal care
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Other related expenses, such as a wheelchair ramp or home improvements, to accommodate your accessibility needs
Damages are unique to every slip and fall case. As a result, you may be entitled to receive other forms of compensation depending on your circumstances. Our slip and fall lawyers in Broomfield, CO, can help you navigate the complexities of your case.
The Ramos Difference
Numerous victims of slip and fall accidents face overwhelming financial problems from lost work, medical bills, and recovery. Our compassionate Broomfield personal injury attorneys will invest time and resources into building claims and handling all the details so our clients can focus on healing.
Dr. Joseph Ramos, our founder, is an emergency medical physician and attorney. He began studying law because, as an ER doctor, he wanted all parties to gain access to adequate legal counsel. With many years of experience guiding treatment, Dr. Ramos leads our team to analyze your case through medical and legal lenses.
We have a deeper, more holistic understanding of your situation. As a result, we give the best representation to accident victims needing help during one of the most challenging experiences of their lives.
Discuss Your Case With Our Slip and Fall Lawyers in Broomfield, CO
Our clients are the first priority. We take pride in our reputation for hard work, fairness, and honesty. At Ramos Law, we understand the nuances of personal injury law and how it applies to your particular case.
There’s no one better to represent you, protect your rights as a victim, and fight for the compensation you’re entitled to. Contact our slip and fall lawyers in Broomfield, CO, for an initial consultation.
Slip and Fall Accident Frequently Asked Questions
Premises liability covers injuries sustained on another person’s property. You may be entitled to compensation if injured while on commercial or private property. Since property owners have a duty of care to ensure visitor, guest, and customer safety, they’re liable for any injuries occurring on their premises.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identified several risk factors for experiencing a slip and fall. The more risk factors a person has, the more likely they will sustain an injury. Those considerations include:
- Weakness in the lower extremities
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Difficulty with balance
- Medications causing drowsiness or other side effects impacting movement (painkillers, antidepressants, sedatives, etc.)
- Vision problems
- Foot pain issues, causing the need to wear certain shoes
- Environmental factors like broken and uneven steps, flooring, or a lack of handrail
Taking the correct steps following a fall can help your legal team prepare a solid case against the property owner and other responsible parties.
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention – Your health and well-being are the utmost priority. If injured, contact emergency medical assistance or go to the hospital. Ensure you receive a medical exam, even if you don’t think the injury is severe. The soreness and pain you feel in the weeks after an accident can indicate a chronic, more serious injury.
- Report the Accident – Inform the property owner of the fall right away. If they aren’t on the property, report to a manager or another individual in authority. Ensure you receive a copy of the written accident report before leaving.
- Photograph the Scene – Take photos on your phone or ask another person to capture pictures of the scene shortly after the incident. Since the property owner will likely repair or correct the adverse conditions, it’s essential to have pictures showing the scene at the time of the accident.
- Obtain the Owner’s Contact Information – If you fall in a commercial store, the property owner may differ from the store’s owner. Ask for the name and contact information of both individuals.
- Gather Eyewitness Information – Eyewitness testimonies can be incredibly useful in a slip and fall situation. Obtain all the information for each individual.
- Preserve Evidence – Keep the clothing and shoes you were wearing during the accident. Your slip and fall lawyer may need these items as evidence.
- Document Your Injuries – Take photos of your injuries and keep a journal to describe them each day. Note the pain level, restrictions on daily activities and the emotional distress you experience. Include details on how the injury has affected your and your family’s lives.